Usually a buyer knows the minute they pull up to the curb of your Fountain Hills home whether they are interested or not. First impressions are everything! What are the most common buyer turn offs to a buyer that will ultimately affect the perceived value of your home?
1. Curb Appeal– Everyone wants to live in a beautiful home. If the landscape is poorly kept, or non existent that will be the first thing a buyer will see. Take the time to clean up your yard and add colorful plants if necessary.
2. Exterior of your Home- Paint, fix cracks in concrete, fix broken or cracked windows. Wash the windows after all outside repairs are completed. You don’t want buyers just start deducting money from the sales price before they even get inside.
3. Outdated Kitchens and Baths-I’m sure you have heard the saying ” kitchen and baths sell.” Most sellers don’t want to do a major renovation if they are moving but there is a lot you can do on a small budget. A fresh coat of paint on the cabinets, new door pulls, light fixtures and new counter tops are all options for a small budget.
4. Taste Specific Decorating– You may love red walls, but most buyers will not be able to envision living in the home. Painting is an inexpensive fix and to make sure you appeal to the masses, stay with neutral colors.
5. Pet Hair and Odors– We all love our pets, but make sure you pick up after them before every showing. Put all dog beds, toys bowls out of sight if possible. Also a good carpet cleaning will get rid of pet odors as some people have allergies.
6. Room Conversions– It’s important to have our home fit our lifestyle so we may decide to convert a bedroom into a gym, or closet. Changing the space back to its intended use is a huge endeavor, but if you don’t do it, buyers may focus on cost of the project.
The highest prices are paid for homes that are in the best condition and location. We can’t change location but we can surely change condition. Some fixits have a higher rate of return than others. Before you forge ahead investing money in the things that don’t really bring money to the table, let’s talk about what will. Contact me anytime at 480 888 6708 or fill out the form below. I’ll get back to you asap.