Why do we love it! Let me count the ways!
1. Quiet, friendly small town atmosphere, only about 23,000-24000 residents ( less when snowbirds leave town)
2. The rolling hills and majestic mountain views are breathtaking and we have some of the best views in the valley!
3. Surrounded by big open spaces, the town is land locked by the McDowell Mountain Range and the Indian Reservation.
4. The “Famous Fountain” one of the worlds tallest fountains, sits in the middle of a man- made 29 acre lake, surrounded by 35 acres of turf, an 18-hole championship disc golf course, children’s splash pad, and more.
5. Away from the hustle and bustle, but still convenient to Phoenix Sky Harbor airport ( 25 minutes) old town Scottsdale (20-25 minutes) and downtown Phoenix (40 minutes).
6. Golf Galore! Five courses to play at, 3 public courses, one private course, and one golf course over by Fort McDowell Casino, only 2 miles outside of town.
7. Casino Gambling is just 2 miles away.
8. Hiking at the McDowell National Park is 4 miles north of town, Adero Canyon Trailhead and also the wonderful Overlook Trail right here in town.
9. The homes have character, not a bunch of track homes.
10. You live among coyotes, javelinas, bobcats and even a few snakes. Crazy as this sounds, residents love it!!
11. No earthquakes or tornadoes.
12. Proximity: take a weekend off & drive approximately 6 hours or less to Las Vegas, San Diego, Rocky Point Mexico, Bisbee, Tombstone or Lake Mead.
13. Different topography: You can go from cactus to pine trees and 20 degree cooler temps in 2- 3 hours. Experience Flagstaff, the red rocks of Sedona, or a cabin in the white mountains.
14. Outdoor life: With 300 days of sunshine per year, there is a multitude of outdoor activities!
15. NO DAYLIGHT SAVING Time!! We don’t fuss with switching our clocks here.
If you have visited Arizona you know how beautiful it is, nothing compares to Fountain Hills. Many out of state visitors have never heard of Fountain Hills. It’s a small bedroom community which borders northeast Scottsdale, and is situated in the foothills of the McDowell Mountains. You have stunning mountain views from almost everywhere in town and of course we also have our famous fountain which attracts visitors from all over the world.
Most people are surprised when I tell that we moved right from Chicago to Fountain Hills without having a layover in Scottsdale for a year. My husband and I knew we wanted to be close to the mountains, so we did a little research online and came across the charming town of Fountain Hills. I am happy to say, living in Fountain Hills was one of the best choices we have ever made! Next time you come to Arizona to visit, I would definitely recommend putting Fountain Hills on your list of places to see.
For more information on buying or selling a home, please feel free to contact me at 480 888 6708 or email me for quick answers to your questions.