The holidays can actually be a great time to put your home on the market. If buyers are out looking during the holidays,more than likely they are serious and usually need to make a move quick. It can also be a great opportunity for tax purposes to get your home under contract and closed by the end of the year.
Here are 5 advantages to selling your home during the holidays.
1. More Motivated Buyers– Why else would someone be looking at homes during the holidays? You have more serious buyers at this time of year!
2. Less Competition- Most buyers who aren’t serious are too busy getting ready for the holidays to be shopping for a home. They have put the home buying process on the back burner until after the first of the year. Sellers who’s homes are not yet listed usually wait until after the first of the year.
3. Your Home Shows Great!- Homes that are decorated for the holidays create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Make sure you don’t overdo it with the decorating though, you want to enhance not distract.
4. Job Transfers– January is traditionally a month for employees to start a new job, and they need to get into a home quickly. Spring may be too late and they have the time off now to look.
5. My Favorite Reason– NO SNOW!! Living in Arizona makes home hunting a breeze, no bad weather to keep you inside. You don’t have to worry about people traipsing around in the snow and bringing it into your home. Ahh, the beauty of living in Fountain Hills Arizona!
Whatever you do, don’t stress, enjoy and have a glorious holiday season!
( Flickr Photo Credit goes to Far Flung Traveler)
View Fountain Hills homes for sale