House hunting brings out a lot of emotions. It’s fun, exciting and can be stressful, all at the same time. Most Fountain Hills home buyers know the amount of rooms they want in a house and what they prefer in updates, but other that that it can start to get foggy. I work with a lot of home buyers and it is important to ask many questions so I can help them find the perfect home and try to make the transition effortless.
I suggest they take good notes when viewing properties because the more you see the more confusing it can get. The most important thing when house hunting is if you are looking with your spouse or significant other that you are on the same page. Sit down and make a list of what you want in a home and what you will compromise on. I like to have my clients rate the homes they visit on a scale of 1-5, it actually helps them focus more on the details and put things in perspective. Now I know your wants aren’t set in stone and you may change your mind once you start looking and that is ok, it’s part of the process but setting up your parameters beforehand is key. Remember, no house is perfect but you can get pretty darn close to finding a home to make your own.
Below is a list of 5 important question to ask yourself before heading out to look at homes:
1. Affordability: Iffinancing a loan it is important to talk with a lender and find out what you can comfortably afford, and what loan type is the right fit for your circumstance.
2. Research; Start looking at homes online, in your preferred locations so you can get an idea of pricing, home styles, basically what you can get for you money.
3. Schools: If you have children, checking out the school report cards to determining which schools are favorable to you will be helpful in deciding where to live
4. Location: Do you have a favorite area or subdivision? Do you want mountain views? Here in Fountain Hills you may want to be close to the famous “Fountain Park”.
5. Trusted Adviser: A good Realtor is worth their weight in gold! I save my home buyers a lot of time and money, I do a lot of foot work, previewing the best homes for you in advance so not to waste your time, I find homes that are priced right, so we aren’t looking at homes that are unobtainable, I am experienced with bank owned properties and short sale and know the right questions to ask in order to present the strongest offer. Plus I am a stickler for details so nothing falls through the cracks.
So are you ready to get started? You can call/text 480 888 6708 or email me with any questions and I will get back to you ASAP.